CDL Driver Residential - Rear Load
Urgent Need! Competitive Pay!
Residential Drivers are responsible for safely operating a heavy-duty rear loading truck and providing superior customer service to assigned routes through the collection and hauling of waste or recycling materials to a disposal site, transfer station, or recycling plant. Drivers navigate residential environments, congested roadways, alleyways, and high traffic areas all while ensuring his or her vehicle remains in compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as company standards. Residential Drivers are valued as key members of our team who perform our most physically demanding job.
• 21 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States
• Currently hold a Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
• Currently hold a valid DOT Medical Card or can obtain prior to hire
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspection of vehicle, documenting and reporting any mechanical or safety issues.
• Operates vehicle in a safe manner in compliance with OSHA and DOT requirements, all local, state, and federal laws, and Rumpke policies.
• Courteously interacts with customers, both internal and external, ensuring customers are serviced in a professional and timely manner.
• Safely lifts and loads refuse/recycling completely empty trash/recycling receptacles into vehicle, leaving area clean of debris, while monitoring waste for evidence of unacceptable materials.
• Replaces trash/recycling receptacles neatly at the curb or designated area.
• Reports service issues, such as blocked alleyways, over-weight receptacles, safety hazards, or impassable streets, to Route Manager or Dispatcher.
• Immediately notifies Route Manager of any accidents, injuries, or property damage.
• Works with Route Manager and Route Auditors to improve route efficiencies.
• Maintains and updates route sheets and driver logs.
• Clears waste from packer blade and truck body on each trip to disposal site or recycling facility.
• Attends scheduled safety meetings, information sessions, and trainings as directed by Route Manager.
• Performs other duties assigned by Route Manager possibly including assisting on other routes to meet customer needs.
• Customer service oriented with desire to meet and exceed expectations.
• Professional, courteous, and trustworthy while maintaining a sense of pride in work.
• Time management skills to ensure duties are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
• Willingness to adhere to Rumpke polices and safety standards.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and perform physical requirements including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and understand a map.
• Ability to handle exposure to extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to handle exposure to residential and commercial waste.
• Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside the vehicle.
Apply online today for immediate consideration! Only those who apply online will be considered for this position! We look forward to hearing from you!